As an offshore day cook, you will be responsible for serving nutritious and flavorful food options to different offshore companies in Lafayette, LA. Our offshore day cooks comply with the highest safety and sanitation standards and prioritize the health and safety of diners at all times.
Mako personnel are known for their work ethic. Since regulations will vary from job to job (such as dietary restrictions for the menu and site policies), flexibility is key trait for every offshore day cook candidate.
You will be responsible for the daily food preparations on site. Your duties as an offshore day cook include:
- prepare ingredients (washing vegetables, seasoning meat, etc.), cooking ware, and cooking equipment
- cook meals within your shift (breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner) while maintaining high-quality standards
- supervise the food inventory and order supplies according to the kitchen budget
- follow the established schedules for serving meals
- participate in menu reviews and recommend ideas for specials or seasonal dishes
Safety and Sanitation
- adhere to relevant safety and sanitation regulations in Lafayette, LA, as well as company regulations entailed by specific offshore day cook jobs
- maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and galleys at all times
- assist in scheduling routines for food safety (e.g., thawing frozen food, routine cleaning, etc.)
- report malfunctions, kitchen injuries, fire, loss, theft, and damage to your supervisor, either orally or in writing
- participate in safety initiatives, including training and meetings
As part of Mako Catering, you may expect:
- Background Checks – We perform thorough background checks on each employee before we hire them.
- Training for Certifications – Each employee is required to undergo training that comes with certifications. You may also need to participate in additional training at the client’s request.
- Mandated to Join Drug and Alcohol Screens – Mako Catering performs pre-employment and post-accident drug and alcohol screening on each employee. Additionally, we perform random alcohol and drug screens (minimum of 50%) every year.
Mako Catering’s day cooks set themselves apart from other offshore day cooks in Lafayette through sheer flexibility and strong problem-solving skills.
This is why we are looking for professionals who are capable, dependable, and never lose sight of the Mako goal: to make sure the client’s crew receives nutritious food every meal time.
- Work as part of a small or large team, as well as on his or her own
- Comply with the site or vessel’s regulations
- Collaborate with teammates, as well as people outside their team
- Possess physical fitness that enables you to carry out kitchen duties with ease
- Uphold integrity and professionalism at all times
- Carry a goal of zero accidents and injuries
We value your skills and experience as an offshore day cook. As part of our commitment to ensuring you continue to love what you do, we offer the following:
- Insurance – We provide health, dental, and life insurance.
- Diverse Job Opportunities – We are committed to helping you progress in your careers.
- A Family Environment – Since you’ll be working away from home for long periods, we foster a work culture that’s as comfortable and accepting as a family.
Apply for our offshore day cook positions and be part of a warm family environment. Contact our Lafayette, LA team today.